Prep time: 30 Minutes
Cooking time: 15 Minutes
- Icing eyes
- 100g milk chocolate
- 20 peanut butter cups or Rolo
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 180g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 50g peanut butter
- 70g butter
Easy to make delicious biscuits, perfect Halloween decorations to make with you kids or loved ones! From the decorating of the biscuits to the making and baking - it is a great way to get you into the Halloween spirit.
- Firstly, heat the oven to 180C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Now grab your hand whisk or mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter or chocolate spread and sugar together until very light and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla into the mix. Once all of it has combined, stir in the flour, bicarb and 1/4 tsp of salt into the mixture.
- Scoop 18-20 tbsps. of the mixture onto the trays, leaving enough space between each to allow for them to spread. Make a thumbprint in the centre of the cookies. Now place them into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm at the edges but still soft in the middle - they will harden a little as they cool down. Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes before topping each biscuit with a peanut butter cup or a Rolo. Now transfer them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave in short bursts, or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, until just liquid. Scrape into a piping bag and leave to cool a little. Pipe the legs onto each spider, stick the two eyes on each, leave to set and enjoy!
There are a few different things you could change in the recipe if you would like. For example if you are not a fan of peanut butter you can use chocolate spread. A very important factor you need to make sure of is that whatever choice of spread you are using it has to be smooth.
We hope you have enjoyed this Halloween biscuit recipe and hope you come back for more recipes coming soon!
Happy baking from the team at Geepas👩🍳👨🍳