The Grasshopper Cocktail Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- 25ml single cream
- 25ml white crème de cacao (White Liqueur)
- 25ml crème de menthe (Mint Liqueur)
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves
- 25g melted chocolate
One of if not the best-looking cocktails ever! it is perfect on display at a Halloween party, at a random girls' night, or any occasion. The name of the cocktail comes from the color that you are left with after mixing the different liqueurs - the drink was first served in Louisiana in 1918 and has since been a must-have!
- Start by making the garnish for the cocktail. Grab a few mint leaves and dip the stalk in the melted chocolate, holding the upper leaves gently. Leave them to set on a plate or tray as you finish making the cocktail.
- Now, fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then pour in the two liqueurs and cream. Shake hard until the outside of the cocktail shaker is cold. Now strain into a cocktail glass or a coupe. Grabbing the mint leaves from the side, place them inside the cocktail.
- All done, enjoy!
There aren't many different things you can do to the cocktail to make it any better, you do not have to add the mint leaves if you are not a fan of mint. The cocktail is meant to be simple and delicious - you can make it your own by adding different ingredients to it if you please.
There are a few different ways people enjoy having the grasshopper cocktail and here are some of the best variations:
- Frozen Grasshopper - Adding mint ice cream makes it a more dessert-like drink.
- After Eight Grasshopper - Adding a layer of dark chocolate liqueur to the crème de menthe, crème de cacao and cream.
- Girl Scout Cookie - Substituting the crème de menthe with peppermint schnapps.
A truly amazing sweet cocktail for the best Halloween party!
We hope you have enjoyed this recipe and would like to see more shortly...
Happy crafting from the team at Geepas 👩🍳👨🍳