For keen bakers, a stand mixer is an essential kitchen helper. From combining wet and dry ingredients, to whipping sugar and eggs, whatever you’re baking, a mixer saves you time and a whole lot of effort.
To get the maximum use out of a stand mixer whilst saving space in your kitchen, it makes sense to go for a multipurpose gadget with versatile functions. That’s why we’ve designed the Geepas multifunction stand mixer with five different attachments to help expand your kitchen repertoire.
From freshly baked bread and pies to delicious cakes and bakes, we’ve got a whole range of stand mixer recipes to keep you busy! With our simple Geepas formula, we combine everyday ingredients with one, star gadget to create easy recipes that are kind on the budget.
First up is our easy carrot cake recipe, suitable for vegans!
Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe
This vegan recipe is a real crowd pleaser. With veganism enjoying the limelight at the moment, everyone will be happy eating this tasty concoction!
Who needs cream cheese frosting with this delicious alternative? With far less calories than butter and cheese, you can enjoy a slice (or two!) guilt free. After baking, sit back and revel in the incredulous look on their faces when you tell them it’s a vegan cake!
Although not vital, a food processor makes this recipe a whole lot quicker and easier!
Price per slice: 0.58p
Calories per slice: 320
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time:30 minutes
- 400g self-raising flour
- 240g soft light brown sugar
- 270g grated carrots
- 160ml vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 400ml soya milk
- 2 tsps. cinnamon
- 135g chopped walnuts
- Zest from 1 orange
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 80g dairy-free cream cheese
- 60g dairy-free margarine
- 400g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp soya milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease two 23cm cake tins and line with baking paper.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt into the large bowl of the mixer and combine with the beater attachment.
3. Add the wet ingredients (milk and oil) and gently mix until smooth.
4. Add the grated carrot, chopped walnuts (leaving a few for decoration) and orange zest and combine.
5. Remove the bowl and divide the mixture between the two tins. Bang the tins firmly on the work surface to flatten.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin before turning out onto a cooling rack.
7. For the icing, add the dairy-free cream cheese, margarine, and icing sugar into the mixing bowl and beat until smooth using the whisk attachment. Add the milk gradually until you achieve a thick, silky texture.
8. To assemble, sandwich the two cakes together with a third of the icing mixture. Use the remaining icing to cover the top. Sprinkle with the remaining walnuts.
Top tip: If you don’t like soya milk, oat milk is another great option with a subtle flavour that won’t overpower the dish!
Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
This simple pizza dough recipe provides a delicious base for a range of different toppings. Choose your own cheese, sauce and toppings for a family feast! We love a classic margherita with added olives and red onion!
Servings: 4 (1 pizza)
Price per slice: 10p
Calories per slice: 240
Prep time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 6 minutes
1 tsp instant yeast
½ tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt
Half cup of water
1. Add all the ingredients into the stand mixer bowl, leaving out a small amount of water.
2. Use the dough hook attachment to mix the dough until it starts to come together at a low speed. If too dry, add more water. If too wet, add a little flour.
3. Gradually increase the speed until a ball forms and knead on a medium high speed for around 8 minutes.
4. Remove from the mixer and set on a floured surface with a little olive oil. Cover with a damp towel and leave to rise in a warm place for up to an hour.
5. Once risen, stretch the dough and shape into a circle with your hands. Allow it to rest for a few seconds if it becomes difficult to stretch.
6. Once shaped, the dough is ready for toppings of your choice. Bake at a high heat on a baking sheet for around 6 minutes or until golden and crisp at the edges.
Expand Your Kitchen Tool Kit with Geepas
If these stand mixer cake recipes have got you itching to get into the kitchen and experiment, we’ve got a whole load of handy gadgets up our sleeve!
For more time-saving essentials that make cooking simple, shop the rest of our kitchen appliance range here.