The Best Salad Recipes to Make at Home
Finding a healthy salad recipe which is quick to prepare and doesn’t include expensive, hard-to-source ingredients can be surprisingly tricky.
Here at Geepas, we don’t believe healthy eating should be difficult, time-consuming or expensive. That’s why we’ve developed the Geepas formula. A range of simple recipes showcasing just 4, ordinary ingredients, and one handy gadget to speed things up.
Discover the best salad recipes for lunch or dinner on the go;
Easy, Healthy Salad Ideas to Revolutionise Lunchtime!
Low-fat, low-calorie, zero-flavour cereal bar anyone? No, we didn’t think so.
Who decided healthy eating had to be boring? Let’s buck the trend and add maximum flavour to our meals without compromising on nutrition.
The simple salad could be the answer. Creating a quick salad at home is an easy way to pack a ton of flavour into a healthy recipe. From a simple potato salad or chicken salad to Caesar salad, the options are limitless when it comes to finding your favourite.
Using healthy, natural flavours to add pizzazz to your meals such as red onion, spices and salad dressings means these salads will be anything but boring ‘rabbit food’. And all made in under 30 minutes!
Quinoa Salad Recipes
Quinoa Salad with Red Cabbage and Kale
This delicious salad celebrates four, star ingredients; cabbage, kale, carrot and shallot. Quick to prepare for a light dinner or lunch, this salad is packed with protein and flavour to keep you satisfied throughout the day.
Calorie count: 250
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups cabbage
- 5 cups kale
- ½ shallot, peeled
- 1 cup carrot
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ lemon
- 0.25 cups goats cheese (optional)
- ½ pomegranate, seeds only (optional)
1. First, bring 1 cup of water to the boil, adding a pinch of salt. Once boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer and add the quinoa, cover until all the liquid is absorbed. Around 10 minutes.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, wash the carrot, cabbage and kale leaves and dry on a paper towel.
3. Next, use the slicing attachment of the Geepas salad maker to thinly slice the shallot and add to a salad bowl.
4. Using the chopping cone, chop the kale and cabbage into bite-sized chunks and add.
5. With the shredding cone, shred the carrot into fine shavings and add to the bowl.
6. When the quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork, and toss with the vegetables. Use the grating cone to top the salad with lemon zest, and a little juice from the lemon for added flavour. Season to taste.
Optional: Add goats cheese and scatter with pomegranate seeds for a flavour sensation that looks as good as it tastes!
The Geepas electric vegetable spiralizer is the perfect tool to add crunch, bite and snap to your salads in seconds!
Summer Salad Recipes
Summer Salad with Watermelon and Feta
The perfect fruit salad for summer days. Imagine yourself on a sunny balcony somewhere, drinking in the sunshine and enjoying this refreshing salad. If you can’t stretch to an exotic holiday, it also makes a great side salad to accompany an English BBQ!
Four core ingredients, and only four preparation steps!
Calorie count: 100
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- ¼ watermelon
- ¼ cucumber
- ½ small red onion
- 0.25 cup feta
- Small handful of mint leaves
- 0.25 cup olives (optional)
1. Use the chopping cone of the Geepas 4 in 1 salad maker to chop the watermelon into bite-sized chunks.
2. Use the shaving attachment to shred the cucumber into ribbons.
3. Use the slicer to thinly slice the red onion.
4. Assemble all the ingredients in a salad bowl, scatter the mint leaves and season to taste.
The best thing about this salad is it can be easily scaled up to feed a crowd. That and the fact it’s gluten free and ultra low-calorie!
If you’re looking for more ways to achieve maximum flavour without loading on the calories, a food steamer is ideal for cooking meat, fish and vegetables without using oil. A low-calorie alternative that actually tastes good!
Time to Get Creative
Once you’ve mastered these easy salad recipes, you’re ready to let your imagination go wild and invent your own delicious masterpieces!
Make the job of healthy eating even easier with a handy gadget from the Geepas kitchen appliance range.
From vegetable spiralizers to food processors, shop the kitchen appliance range here to get started!