Spooky Halloween Eyeball Pops Recipe
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
The Halloween eyeball pops are an amazing sweet treat to get you feeling the spooky season. With them being really simple to make, they are a perfect way to spend time with your children and your loved ones! Take the ingredients shown in this recipe as a rough guideline of how much to use, the more eyeball pops you would like to make the more ingredients you will need. It is a good way of getting into the Halloween spirit with these little snacks.
- 150g of Madeira cake
- 150g of cookies
- 100g melted milk chocolate
- 200g melted white chocolate
- M&Ms or Smarties
- Icing pens
- Lollipop sticks
- Firstly, break down the Madeira cake and crumble your choice of cookies into the bowl of your food processor. Add the melted milk chocolate into the bowl and mix. The mixture should combine.
- Scoop the mixture out of the food processor bowl into a small bowl. Using your hands, scoop and roll the mixture into large balls, once you are satisfied with the size and the shape of the balls place them into the fridge for about 2-3 hours until they are firm.
- Take the balls out of the fridge once ready, at this point you will need to grab the lollipop sticks. You could also use other items such as toothpicks or skewers but be careful as toothpicks can break easily. Now push the handle into each one of the balls, grab the melted white chocolate and cover all of the balls in the white chocolate. Making sure that the balls are smooth and the white chocolate is spread evenly throughout them. Now grab the M&Ms or smarties and gently press them onto the balls.
- Once you have done that place them back into the fridge and chill until the chocolate has set. After a few hours, when the balls have been set, use icing pens to decorate the balls. We would recommend using red icing to add a vein effect, you may also add some icing to the M&Ms or smarties to make them look more like eyeballs.
- Now enjoy!
There are a few different things we would recommend doing to make the eyeball pops look a bit better for example using specific colors of the chocolate sweets such as green, blue or brown to make them replicate real eye colors. Also, how you place them in your fridge, making sure they are dealt with carefully so they do not break down whilst in the fridge or throughout the process.
We hope you use this recipe and add some spookiness to Halloween & If you did enjoy it follow us on social media for many more Halloween and other special recipes coming soon!
Happy cooking from the team at Geepas 👩🍳👨🍳