Many of us might not be familiar with what an electric hot water urn is. In this article, we will go through what a hot water urn is, if a hot water urn is expensive to run, and how to clean your hot water urn.
What Is A Hot Water Urn?
An electric hot water urn is a kitchen appliance that heats water for tea, coffee, and other beverages. It is similar to a kettle, but it has a much larger capacity. Hot water urns typically have a built-in thermostat that allows you to set the desired water temperature. Once the water reaches the desired temperature, the urn will automatically shut off.
Electric Hot Water urns are available in a variety of sizes and styles. Some urns have a simple design with a single spout, while others have multiple spouts and built-in warmers. Hot water urns are easy to use and can be a convenient way to heat water for beverages.
The Benefits Of Using A Hot Water Urn:
- Convenience - Hot water urns are easy to use and can heat water very quickly.
- Versatility - Hot water urns can be used to heat water and keep it warm for an extended period of time for several beverages.
- Affordability - Hot water urns are relatively affordable and can be a cost-effective way to heat water.
Are Hot Water Urns Expensive To Run?
Generally speaking, electric hot water urns are not expensive to run. The cost of running an electric hot water urn will vary depending on the size of the urn, the wattage of the urn, and the cost of electricity in your area.
If you are concerned about the cost of running an electric hot water urn, there are a few things you can do to save money:
- Only heat the water you need: When you are finished using the urn, turn it off or unplug it from the power source. This will prevent the water from continuing to heat and wasting energy when it is not in use.
- Use a smaller urn: If you only need a small amount of water then use a smaller urn. This will help reduce the amount of energy used.
- Consider a water heater: If you use a lot of hot water, then you may want to consider investing in a water heater. This will allow you to heat water in bulk and save money on your energy bills.
How To Clean A Hot Water Urn?
Here are the steps on how to clean a hot water urn:
- Unplug the urn and allow it to cool completely.
- Remove the water reservoir and wipe it down with a damp cloth.
- If there is any mineral buildup, you can use a vinegar solution to clean it. Mix equal parts vinegar and water and pour it into the reservoir. Let it sit for 30 minutes, then rinse it out with clean water.
- Wipe down the outside of the urn with a damp cloth.
- If the urn has a built-in filter, you can remove it and clean it with a brush.
- Reassemble the urn and plug it in.
Here are some additional tips for cleaning a hot water urn:
- Clean the urn frequently to prevent mineral buildup.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, as these can damage the urn.
- If the urn is not cleaned regularly, it will develop a build-up of minerals, which can make it extremely difficult to clean and can also give the water a bad taste.
Hopefully, this article has provided you with the answers you have been looking for. If you have any further questions, please feel free to drop us a message on social media, email, or give us a call.